Hey yogis! I can’t believe we are almost done with the seven chakra system! Today we are talking all about the third eye chakra. The third eye chakra in Sanskrit is Ajna meaning brow. The color of this chakra is purple/ indigo which is how I got my DJ stage name. This is the sixth chakra in the seven chakra system. This chakra is located between your eyebrows making it your all seeing eye. This eye connects us to our cosmic insight and our intuition which makes since for this chakra’s element is light! Now lets talk about what you feel when your chakra is under-active, over-active, balanced and more!
If your third eye chakra is under-active you will experience…
- Poor Memory
- Lack of Imagination
- Closed Minded
- Difficulty Visualizing
People are more so effected by the third chakra being under-active and needing to give it some more strength to be balanced.
If your third eye chakra is over-active you will have…
- Difficulty Concentrating
- Mental Fogginess/Confusion
I feel as though I am in a mental fogginess during this time of final season.
You can feel your chakra being unbalanced by feeling it physically thought migraines, amnesia, and cognitive delusions. These physical sensations can stem from invalidation of intuition, frightening upbringing, when hat you see is not in line with what you are told.
When balanced you will be…
- Good Memory
- Able to Visualize
- Able to Link Symbolically
To get this chakra back on track you can create visual art, meditate, dream work, memory work and even guided visualizations. So drawing, editing videos, editing photos are all things under physical art you can do to get your chakra balanced. Meditation is very important to this chakra because opening your third eye means listening. In church people pray- they talk to the universe to their God but when do they listen for the answers to their prayers. Meditation connects us to the universe and the messages it sends to us. We often miss them and don’t think that we are receiving them because the chakra is not balanced or not strong enough.
To be able to start being more intuitive keep around these crystals
- Lapis Lazuli
- Blue Aventurine
There are also of course purple foods you can eat/incorporate into your cooking to strengthen the third eye charka
- Eggplant! One of my favorites- especially Japanese Eggplant from I just bake slices at 420 degrees for about 10-15 minutes add some seasonings and pair it with some brown rice quinoa mix. I am in cutting season so simple meals and seasonings are very important.
- Grapes are great to freeze and eat them by themselves or stick them in a smoothie. Though I do have to make a confession… I have never put grapes in my smoothies and you won’t see me putting them in any time soon. But you should try it and comment below on how good or bad it tastes in a smoothie.
- Blackberries! Now this one I love putting in my smoothies
- Purple Kale is something I haven’t seen at HEB or Cornucopia- the two grocery stores I shop at. I won’t stop my search for it! When I find this type of kale I will probably pan fry it with some broccoli or stick it in a smoothie with some mango or strawberry.
- Purple Potatoes! These potatoes are just like the rest just purple! I love making vegan hash with soy-chirizo and tofu- adding in some purple potatoes to the hash will help my third eye chakra.
- Purple Asparagus should be baked just like the eggplant! Pair this with the eggplant and rice to help your chakra.
Now my favorite healing and strengething process in any chakra healing is the yoga! So I am sharing with you my favorite third eye chakra sequence.